This blog is not for the light-hearted or easily offended. If either one of those descriptions applies to you, i would suggest you start drinking before you read this blog. A sense of humor is suggested. If you don't have one that sucks for you … find one and get a life!
So I have gotten a fair number of questions on how we did the picture project so I shall attempt to explain.
First I should tell you that I saw it online with no instructions so there could be a simpler way but I didn’t know how.
1. Buy some moulding from Lowe’s or Home Depot that will be the end pieces. I made sure that it was deep enough to drill into.
2. Buy some spacers (this is in the hardware area) that can cover the eye hooks and wire
3. Buy some wire
4. Buy some eyehooks
5. measure the pictures and then drill the holes in the moulding.
6. I bought a piece of 8′ moulding and had Lowe’s saw it in half … so 4′ each
7. I didn’t have a working drill to make the counter sink holes so I used a Dremel tool which was kind of a pain.
8. After drilling the holes, screw in the eye hooks
9. Paint the wood black
10. Mount the two vertical pieces. We mounted one and then strung the wire and used a level to hang the other one.
11. Hang all the wire
12. Print out your pictures
13. We used magnets to hang the pictures but the original photo used clips…like bulldog clips or something.
14. Hope you didn’t fuck it up.
15. There ya go!
16. Good luck.