In which i’m more than a little disgusted
Hey people, so what’s going on with you guys this week? Obviously it’s been a terrible week here in the US what with the mass shooting and all but how have you been coping with it all?
I’ll tell you about me because this is my blog right?
So I think I’ll just give you my observations of the world.
- I think that the only way to prevent mass shootings is to not allow any type of automatic or semi automatic weapons in the hands of civilians. Why these types of weapons are EVER sold is insane in my opinion. They’re not used for hunting and just because some people get their jollies off shooting these types of things doesn’t mean that anyone other than the military or police should be allowed to have them. Although I HATE handguns as well and I don’t think people need them either I don’t know how we get rid of them so at least lets not have these crazy people use guns that can obliterate tons of people easily.
- I don’t think that “terrorism” is only confined to Muslims. I think that ALL of these extremists including the type that shoot up churches and Planned Parenthood centers are also terrorists. After all, the reason that people are scared to send their kids to school is a young, white male. You can talk all you want about mental health problems and that’s true, it’s a problem, but a crazy person vs. a crazy person with a semi-automatic weapon is an entirely different thing.
- The politicians, essentially the republicans, are stirring up the electorate to induce paranoia rather than addressing any of the issues.
- Yesterday Liberty University said they wish ALL OF THEIR STUDENTS WOULD GET GUNS. Can you imagine sending your kid to college with 10,000 18-22 year olds carrying guns? The likelihood is that they’ll end up killing themselves before they kill a terrorist.
- Donald Trump is a xenophobic liar and yet people are buying into him saying, “he’ll fix everything.” The how’s and why’s haven’t been explained. That’s because we CAN’T FIX EVERYTHING!!! He hasn’t even shared what his plan is. How can people just vote for someone saying stuff but not showing what he will ACTUALLY do??
- The schism between Shiites and Sunnis began over 1300 years ago. They hate each other and there’s no way that we can force them all to get along which is what we’ve been attempting to do.
- I think it’s arrogant of the west to think that we can impose our beliefs on other people.
- I think many of these problems in this country are because the Citizens United decisions has allowed special interests to buy elections and politicians, especially on the local and state level.
- Here in NC the State politicians are meddling in local politics and yet they decry the federal government meddling in their state politics. This is what I would call HYPOCRISY!!
- People don’t understand the constitution or else they’d realize that many of the things that Donald Trump et al say are ILLEGAL.
- I think more terrorist attacks are inevitable and while you should be concerned, there’s a greater chance you’ll be killed in a car wreck so perhaps people should just live their life.
- Teaching your kids to be tolerant of differences amongst humans would be a good first step towards getting along in the world.
Well, I’ll probably lose a bunch of readers but whatever I don’t even care. I’m just disgusted with the state of things in the United States but particularly the rhetoric.